Time is running fast and August is just around the corner. It’s my favorite month of the year; I long for it, and I also dread its arrival. It means my birthday is coming up – and getting older stopped being funny a few summers ago.
It always makes me think back. What have I done this year? What dreams did I follow, and which did I leave buried in the drawer of never?
I should’ve written a bucket list years ago. I never really had one, because my dreams changed as I grew up. I’m not done growing, though. I always feel like I’m just winging this whole adult thing (if someone knows how to do adulting in a proper way, please let me know).
So as July enters its final stretch, here is my bucket list for the next year. And the next. And the next.
- Visit Canada
- Try Kombucha
- Learn a fancy vegan recipe
- Buy all of The Beatles’ records in vinyl
- Go on a road trip across the U.S.
- Learn how to roller skate
- Bike in Santa Monica
- See Pearl Jam in concert
- Interview Mark Zuckerberg
- Study Italian
- Run a 10k
- Visit Machu Pichu
- Write a book
- Take a photography course
- Visit Apple’s spaceship campus
- Drive a Tesla
- Do boxing & self-defense classes
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Have a photo shoot (before I look like I’m 150 years old)
- Start my own website
- Learn how to play a musical instrument
- Be hypnotized.
I guess I’ll update it if something else comes along. What’s on YOUR bucket list?